Monday, July 25, 2011

things that sparkle

I've never been a huge fan of nail polish. Don't get me wrong, I do like it and I'm all for having well groomed nails, but more often than not you'll find me with bare nails. I bought "Reno" (by Mavala) some time ago and thought it would make a pretty nude, but after many desperate attempts I gave up. 1) The color was too light 2) Like many other light colors will do, it ended up looking streaky.
I found a discolored top coat and decided to put it to use by mixing it with some craft glitter that I happened to have. A tip if you want to do this is to make a small cone out of paper to pour the glitter through so you don't get it everywhere. Also because it's a DIY polish you need to shake it well before every use since the glitter particles are heavier and tend to settle on the bottom.
Surprisingly enough I really like these two together. The color adds a pretty base and the glitter covers up any streakiness leaving you with gorgeous nails perfect for summer.
(I do two thin coats of color and then one coat of the glitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment